DOROTHY PARKER TRIAL TRANSCRIPTS
Copyright Trial Overview
Legal section of The Dorothy Parker Society site. Contains links to images of all the documents relating to the poems and the case files of Penguin vs. Silverstein. This includes copies of material as found by Silverstein, evidence, interviews with Silverstein, several articles and transcripts from all court dates.
see attached PDFs (6 total)
· Collen Breese, editor of Dorothy Parker Complete Poems (December 11, 2001)
· Randall Calhoun, author of Dorothy Parker: A Bio-Bibliography (February 26, 2007)
· Kathryn Court, president and publisher of Penguin Books (November 29, 2001) – unable to view
· Jane von Mehren, executive editor of Penguin Books (October 24, 2001)
· Michael Millman, senior editor of Penguin Classics (October 26, 2001 & November 2, 2001)
· Stuart Y. Silverstein, plaintiff (October 25, 2001)
see attached PDF
Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law
PDF version of the 79-page ruling that finds for the defendant in the case, Penguin Putnam, Inc., as issued by United States District Court Judge John F. Keenan on November 7, 2007 as a final phase of the case.
“Stuart Y. Silverstein: Q&A” interviewed by Kevin C. Fitzpatrick for The Dorothy Parker Society (July 20, 1999)
see attached PDFs (7 total)PDF versions of the trial transcripts for each day